Questions regarding this statement should be directed to [email protected]
We’ve structured our Web Site so that, in general, you can visit DELTA NU ALPHA on the Web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
However, DELTA NU ALPHA may ask you to register and provide information that personally identifies you, including when you register as a customer or purchase a product/service from DELTA NU ALPHA, download white papers, subscribe to email newsletters, or respond to a marketing campaign. The information gathered is used to enhance the user experience on our site and to identify frequent visitors.
Some DELTA NU ALPHA Web pages may be P3P-enabled, which allows you additional control over your personal information.
Table of Contents
- Sites covered by this privacy statement.
- Types of information we collect.
- Children’s privacy.
- How we use your information.
- Who we share your information with.
- Your choices.
- Your privacy preferences and opting out.
- Your information and third-party companies.
- Access to and accuracy of your information.
- Keeping your information secure.
- Changes to this Statement.
DELTA NU ALPHA uses software tags called “cookies” to identify customers when they visit our site. Among other things Cookies help us identify returning users so that we don’t ask them to register with every visit. They help us understand your buying preferences and customize our service to your needs. By understanding which areas of the site, you visit, cookies allow us to present information, products and specials that are of personal interest.
Sites covered by this Privacy Statement
Types of Information We Collect
- We may collect information from the following sources: Applications, questionnaires, and other forms you submit, such as your name, address and date of birth.
- Web-based tools when you visit our Web sites, such as “cookies.”
We may disclose the information described above to:
- Companies in our corporate group
This Privacy Statement covers personal information, non-personal data collection and aggregate reporting.
Personal information is information that is associated with your name or personal identity. DELTA NU ALPHA uses personal information to understand your needs and interests better and to provide you with better service. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, it will be used only to support your customer relationship with DELTA NU ALPHA, DELTA NU ALPHA will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others.
On some DELTA NU ALPHA, Web Sites, you can access products or services, request information, subscribe to marketing or support materials, register yourself or your DELTA NU ALPHA products, or apply for a job at DELTA NU ALPHA The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include name, address, phone number, email address, user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, credit card information, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data.
To personalize our Web Sites, services or communications and improve our products and services, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, and experiences with our products or services. Providing this additional information is optional.
Non-personal information is data about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. DELTA NU ALPHA collects and analyzes non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use the DELTA NU ALPHA Web Sites.
We have safeguards to keep information confidential and secure:
We have up-to-date physical safeguards, such as secure areas in buildings; electronic safeguards, such as passwords and encryption; and procedural safeguards, such as customer authentication procedures to prevent ID theft.
We restrict access to information about you to only those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you.
We train our employees in these security procedures, and we conduct regular audits to check on compliance with the procedures.
- Children’s privacy: DELTA NU ALPHA is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. DELTA NU ALPHA does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and DELTA NU ALPHA does not target its Web Sites to children under 13.
- How we use your information: DELTA NU ALPHA uses your personal information to provide you with services and to help us better understand your needs and interests. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete an application or order, to communicate with you, to provide service and support, to update you on services and benefits, to personalize promotional offers and to personalize some DELTA NU ALPHA Web Sites. Occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding DELTA NU ALPHA products or services. We will give you the opportunity to choose your privacy preferences regarding such communications (see section 7, “Your privacy preferences and opting out”). Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. When you provide us with a credit card number (and other sensitive information), DELTA NU ALPHA will take commercially reasonable steps to protect this information through a secure connection with your web browser. Credit card numbers are only used for payment processing and are not retained for marketing purposes. Sensitive personal information is collected only to facilitate our financial service providers’ credit decisions and will be shared with them only with your permission. Credit card information and sensitive personal data are not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or DELTA NU ALPHA and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases. You may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending an email to us at [email protected]. Additionally, if you do not want DELTA NU ALPHA to contact you for marketing purposes by email, postal mail, fax and/or phone, you may opt out by sending an email to us at [email protected]. Please provide us with your name and the information you wish to unsubscribe. Place the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject. DELTA NU ALPHA will take appropriate steps to protect the information you share with us. Personal data collected online may also be combined with information you provide DELTA NU ALPHA through other sources such as product registration, call centers or public events such as trade shows or seminars. Personal data given to DELTA NU ALPHA may be transferred across state and country borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage, and simplified customer information management. Non-personal data is aggregated for reporting about DELTA NU ALPHA Web Site usability, performance, and effectiveness. It is used to improve the customer experience, usability, and site content.
- Who we share your information with: DELTA NU ALPHA will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others. DELTA NU ALPHA will not share your personal information with third parties except in responding to your requests for products or services. Your permission will be requested when you submit your information. DELTA NU ALPHA shares customer information across DELTA NU ALPHA-affiliated business entities and companies working on our behalf, but only as described above in “How we use your information. DELTA NU ALPHA contracts with third-party service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions described in “How we use your information.” Suppliers and service providers are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of DELTA NU ALPHA and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for DELTA NU ALPHA These service providers may change or we may contract with additional service providers to better accommodate our customers. DELTA NU ALPHA will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by law enforcement action, subpoena, or local law. DELTA NU ALPHA or its related entities could merge with or be acquired by another business entity or some or all of their respective assets could be acquired. If such a combination or acquisition occurs, DELTA NU ALPHA will make every reasonable effort to notify you in the event we share with the merging or acquiring entity some or all your personal information to continue serving you.
- Your choices: DELTA NU ALPHA gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product- and service-specific information and DELTA NU ALPHA-wide marketing communications. DELTA NU ALPHA -wide communications may include new product information, special offers, or an invitation to participate in market research. We give you a choice regarding delivery of DELTA NU ALPHA -wide communications by postal mail, email, and telephone. You can make or change your choices at the data collection point. Please refer to Section 7 for further instructions. We will make every effort to honor your preferences. This option does not apply to communications for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, product safety warnings or updates.
- Your privacy preferences and opting out: non-subscription services at DELTA NU ALPHA will not use your personal information for a different purpose than the one stated when you provided your data. Examples of unrelated uses include sending communications about special offers, product information, and marketing messages. You may tell us not to disclose information about you outside our corporate group of companies, except when we may disclose information as required or permitted by law. Disclose credit data about you within our corporate group of companies; we do not disclose credit data outside our corporate group of companies. Solicit you by mail, telephone, or email for products and services that are not directly related to your account and that are outside our regular communications with you (such as your monthly statement, customer service emails, or when you call our customer service center).
To opt-out of receiving communications you have expressly requested (such as email newsletters, software updates, etc.), email us at [email protected].
Privacy and Security Tips
Protect your information: Never give your Social Security number or personal credit information over the phone unless you initiate the call. Keep your personal identification number (PIN) and password in a safe place. Try to memorize your PIN and password and do not write them down with your account information.
Destroy or securely store your account records: Tear or shred receipts, bank statements, and unused credit card offers. Keep billing statements and other account-related documents in a safe place.
Regularly review your credit report: Order a copy of your credit report at least once per year and report any mistakes to the credit bureau agency and the creditor reporting the information. Keeping your credit report error free is important. Sometimes, there is a small fee for ordering your credit reports, but if you’ve been denied credit within the last 60 days, the credit report is free.
The three national credit bureau agencies are:
Equifax – www.equifax.org, 1-800-685-1111
Experian – www.experian.org, 1-888-397-3742
TransUnion – www.transunion.org, 1-800-916-8800
Check your billing statements: Review your statements thoroughly. Call all your creditors immediately if you notice incorrect transactions.
If you lose your credit card: Call all your creditors immediately if you lose your credit card or suspect that someone has stolen your account information.
If you think you have been a victim of identity theft, contact your local government agency for additional information regarding your rights.
- Your information and third-party companies: Certain DELTA NU ALPHA services are linked with those from unrelated third-party companies, some which offer you the option to share with both DELTA NU ALPHA and the third-party personal data you provide. Examples include the ability to request communications from DELTA NU ALPHA marketing or solution partners, or to enable order completion through a reseller. We will not share your personal information with those third-party companies unless you make that choice.
- Access to and accuracy of your information: DELTA NU ALPHA strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain customer data accuracy. We will provide you with access to your information, including making reasonable effort to provide you with online access and the opportunity to change your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. Certain areas of DELTA NU ALPHA Web Sites may limit access to specific individuals using passwords and other personal identifiers. The most effective way to view and change your personal information is to return to the Web page where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that Web page.
- Keeping your information secure: DELTA NU ALPHA. is committed to protecting the information you provide us with. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, DELTA NU ALPHA. has in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure works when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window. Credit card numbers are used only for processing payment and are not used for other purposes.
- Changes to this Statement: If there are updates to the terms of DELTA NU ALPHA Online Privacy Statement, we will post those changes and update the revision date in this document, so you will always know what information we collect online, how we use it, and what choices you have. For material changes to this Statement, DELTA NU ALPHA, will provide notification to affected customers.